Category Access to And Still We Rise: A Celebration of our collective Resiliency and Affirmation that we are more than our struggles and trauma category videos.
At KCTI’s 10th Annual Fall Conference we will once again convene as a community to address the needs of the Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) community. While we continue to acknowledge institutional racism and its attempts to oppress BIPOC communities, we want to shift the focus on how we have risen through time. It is our intention to provoke conversation that will impact our awareness, propel us toward sustainable equity for communities of color and into action beyond complicity. This year we are intentionally focusing on BIPOC’s Courage, Resilience, and Genius.
As a society we continue to be at a racial and cultural crossroads. At local and national levels we have journeyed through racial unrest, the covid pandemic, and countless political polarization in the past year. Leading BIPOC communities to feel drained and tired. Even still the work continues and the influence is felt. Our resilience highlights the strength, courage, and wisdom that have been passed down in BIPOC communities. Our brilliance, audacity, and endurance are the very things we need to celebrate as we gain our second wind. This 10th annual conference will be held as a form of Celebration and an opportunity to create healing and empowerment in our community. We have invited Andrea Jenkins, Professor Kaba Hiawatha Kamene, Dr. Bravada Garrett- Akinsanya, and Jerry Tello and others to lead us in conversation.
This package includes:
And Still We Rise: A Celebration of our collective Resiliency and Affirmation that we are more than our struggles and trauma
- How Do We Heal: Pandemic, George Floyd and the struggle for Black Liberation Trainer: Andrea Jenkins
- The potential for greatness: The power of our dreams and the influence of our human spirit Trainer: Dr. Bravada
- Recovering Your Sacredness: Moving From Trauma Informed to Healing Centered on the Journey to Wellness Trainer: Jerry Tello
- All Power to the People: The Fight for Our Liberation Must Continue Trainer: Nekima Levy Armstrong
- We have the DNA of the Pyramid Builders, Plantation Enslaved, Project Dwellers and the Inheritors of the Promised Land. Only the Best of the Best could have survived the Maafa: The Terroristic Disaster Trainer: Brother Kaba Hiawatha Kamene